As you get older, you may notice your skin exhibits pronounced signs of aging such as wrinkling and sagging—especially around your face and neck area. Of course, aging isn’t the only cause of loose skin around the face and neck, which is also known as “turkey neck”. Losing a significant amount of weight can also lead to sagging skin throughout your face and body. Post-weight loss skin removal surgery may be a viable choice for some patients, but it’s definitely not the only option.
There are a number of minimally invasive and convenient non-surgical treatments available for skin tightening that can reverse laxity, promote collagen and elastin production, and restore your skin’s smoothness, flexibility, and firmness. Now you can enjoy a more youthful appearance without having to endure long recovery periods and downtime!
Why Should You Consider Undergoing a Non-Surgical Skin Tightening Treatment?
There are a lot of great benefits to undergoing non-surgical versus surgical skin tightening treatments. Non-surgical skin tightening treatments are:
Plus, little to no downtime is needed for recovery. When performed by an experienced skincare professional, non-surgical skin tightening treatments and procedures carry little to no risks.
Non-surgical skin tightening treatments are effective at tightening mild to moderately loose skin on your face and neck. The best part is that there’s no embarrassing or unsightly surgical scarring left behind.
Whether it’s a facelift or microneedling, non-surgical skin tightening treatment can typically be completed in less than an hour, plus numbing time when required, at a professional skincare clinic.
How Do You Know if You’re a Good Candidate for a Skin Tightening Treatment?
Non-surgical skin tightening treatments can be a highly effective solution for reducing the appearance of loose skin and minimizing signs of aging as a result. That being said, however, it might not be for everyone. Certain patients may not be appropriate candidates for various types of skin tightening procedures. It’s important to provide your professional skincare provider with all relevant medical information prior to commencing treatment.
Your skincare provider will typically require you to fill out a sign-up form that contains detailed information. If any of the following applies to you, then you most likely aren’t a suitable candidate for undergoing non-surgical skin tightening treatment:
- Pregnancy. Not only does pregnancy reverse the effects of skin tightening due to weight gain and skin expansion, but certain procedures such as laser skin tightening may be too risky for you and your baby. It’s better to wait until after the baby is born to undergo post-pregnancy skin tightening treatment instead.
- Medications. Certain medicinal ingredients can become inactive or interact poorly with certain types of skin tightening procedures. Make sure to provide a full list of medications you’re currently taking before undergoing skin tightening treatment.
- Melasma. Melasma is a hormonal type of hyperpigmentation that is triggered by hormonal imbalances and heat. Since non-surgical face-lift treatments deliver heat, it has the potential of bringing Melasma up to the face. Therefore, this treatment is not recommended when Melasma is present.
- Medical conditions. It’s important to disclose all medical conditions you have that could potentially interfere with or be exacerbated by certain types of non-surgical skin tightening treatments.
Generally speaking, non-surgical skin tightening treatments pose minimal risks, especially when compared to surgical procedures. To find out if a specific treatment is right for you, consult with a skincare professional in your area.
So, who is a suitable candidate for non-surgical skin tightening treatment?
- People with mild to moderate loose skin on their face, neck, abdomen, or arms
- People in their 40s, 50s, and even 60s who would like to prolong youthful, thick and radiant skin
- People in their 20s and 30s who want to take preventative measures to prevent age-related loose skin or laxity
- People who have had a facelift in the past and want to maintain the results
- People who have loose skin after pregnancy or losing a substantial amount of weight
- People with loose skin who are unable or unwilling to undergo invasive skin tightening surgical procedures
- People with no pre-existing skin conditions that may be exacerbated by certain skin tightening treatments
What Are Some Common Skin Tightening Treatment Options in Toronto?
There are a number of effective skin tightening treatment options that you can choose from in Toronto. During your initial consultation, your skincare provider will closely examine the quality of your skin and the affected area to determine the amount of work that’s required. Based on that assessment, they’ll make a suitable non-surgical skin tightening treatment recommendation for your needs and discuss your options in detail.
If you have any pressing concerns or questions, it’s important to bring them up during this consultation, so that they can be aptly addressed prior to the procedure. Your skincare provider will also provide you with a list of important aftercare instructions if applicable.
Without further ado, here are the non-surgical skincare treatment options that you can get in Toronto.
Infini RF (Radiofrequency)
Infini RF is a microneedling skin tightening device that punctures miniscule holes into the dermis while delivering radio frequency, forcing the skin to repair itself by stimulating collagen and elastin production. This is a minimally invasive procedure that can be done in about an hour and a half, with about 45 minutes of numbing of the area to be treated for comfort, and 45 minutes for the treatment itself.
Ultherapy is a non-invasive skin tightening technique that uses pulsing heat energy to promote collagen production in the skin. Similar to Infini RF, the results are plumper, smoother, tighter, and more youthful looking skin.
IPL/RF Combination Treatments
A combination of IPL (intense pulsed light) and RF (radiofrequency) treatment can be used to heat several layers of skin to initiate the body’s natural reparative response. This process also stimulates natural collagen production. Several layers of skin can be treated simultaneously, resulting in a smoother more youthful appearance.
Laser Skin Tightening
Laser skin tightening or resurfacing heats several layers of skin and forces the body to go into its natural repair mode to repair damaged skin cells through increased collagen production.
Also known as collagen induction therapy, is usually performed with a meso-therapy gun, derma rollers, or a derma-pen. Microneedling is a collagen-inducing process that involves puncturing tiny holes into the surface of the skin using sterilized needles, prompting the body to repair the target area.
Microneedling is commonly used to deliver PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) for skin tightening and collagen production.
Get Professional Non-Surgical Skin Tightening Treatments at the Anti Aging Toronto Clinic
If you’re looking for minimally invasive, affordable, and convenient professional non-surgical skin tightening treatment, then the Anti Aging Toronto Clinic can help. Our skincare experts have many years of experience helping our clients meet their cosmetic goals including tightening loose skin and non-surgical facelifts that reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles. Contact us today to book a consultation!