There are many fads out there that claim to provide younger-looking skin. They come in the form of pills, ointments, treatments, and surgeries that claim to provide younger-looking skin. The desire to fight premature aging caused by sun damage, smoking, stress, and frustrating sensitive skin is felt by many people around the world. Although many of these procedures fail to generate the younger skin we want, microneedling has shown to achieve youthful, dewy-looking skin. What about your neck? Can microneedling tighten neck skin? Keep reading to find out!
Infini RF Microneedling for Sagging Neck Skin
Can microneedling be used on the neck? Yes it can! One of the first areas of the body that shows signs of aging, sun damage, and wrinkles is the neck. The skin on our necks is even thinner than the skin on our faces, and it is more prone to deep lines, damage, and laxity. Microneedling for the neck can help reduce the signs of aging, soften the appearance of wrinkles and large pores, and is safe for all skin colours and types.
Microneedling is a procedure that uses a handheld device with small needles that are gently pushed or rolled over the treated areas—usually the face and neck. These tiny needles create controlled punctures in the skin’s epidermis, which sends the skin into rapid repair mode. The needles vary in length from 0.5 mm to 3.0 mm, depending on the extent of skin damage you have. This procedure, although it may sound scary, is gentle enough to be used on sensitive areas such as around the eyes. Here are the steps of the procedure:
- A topical anesthetic is applied to the skin
- The Infini RF microneedling procedure is performed over the skin, with two or three passes on each area
- Application of a growth factors serum, or even better your own growth factors from your platelet-rich plasma (PRP), for better and faster healing
- Mild redness and tenderness or swelling is normal and will last for up to 4-5 days
- The skin will repair and appear brighter, toned, and clear
- Most patients typically require three to five treatments in four to six-week intervals—maintenance is every six to nine months
The Infini RF microneedling procedure is designed to combat skin laxity and wrinkles. As the skin repairs from the tiny pricks of the needles, the skin tightens, and more collagen is formed to volumize the tissues and improve the texture. The procedure is FDA-cleared for skin wrinkles and tissue coagulation, and effectively combats many other skin conditions. The treatment is also used for scar remodelling and to treat acne scars.
Although the side effects and risks of microneedling are rare, there are a few discomforts you may notice if you have particularly sensitive skin. These effects will last up to five days following the procedure but will fade away. Your skin may feel warm, tight, and itchy, and you may be sensitive to the sun. Infections, however, are unlikely as the pricking channels close within 60 to 90 minutes.
Why Is Infini RF Microneedling Better Than Other Procedures?
There are several reasons why many people prefer the Infini RF microneedling procedure over other options like injectables. Here are some of the reasons why microneedling is one of the best ways to improve skin laxity.
- Collagen That Lasts: The new collagen formed through the healing stage of this procedure lasts for an average of seven years. With maintenance every year or year and a half, the results will be long-lasting and visible.
- Little Downtime: Microneedling is a less invasive procedure compared to surgery, which significantly reduces the recovery time. A special feature of the Infini RF microneedles is that they are insulated to protect the surface of the skin, reducing the extent of damage. The heat of the needles focuses on the tip, so only the dermis is affected.
- Treats Multiple Conditions: Wrinkles, fine lines, scars, sun damage, and skin laxity can all be improved with microneedling. The procedure uses the body’s own healing mechanisms to produce a variety of youthful results such as tighter, clearer, brighter skin with an evened tone.
- Improves Effectiveness of Skincare Products: After a microneedling treatment, there are microscopic holes in the skin that can better absorb the skincare products you use. As your skin works on its healing process, your skin can soak in all the good products you use to cleanse, tone, and moisturize your skin.
Is Microneedling Right for Me?
Microneedling is a terrific mildly invasive procedure to treat aging skin; however, there are some people who should not receive this treatment. People who have metal in their face or who have severely sun damaged skin should not use this treatment. Additionally, if you are using medication that causes blood thinning, then you may have a higher risk of bruising at the injection sites post-treatment.
The Anti Aging Toronto Clinic Provides RF Microneedling for the Neck
Are you self-conscious about the appearance of your neck as you reach your 50s? Has sun damage and clogged pores made your neck look dark and uneven? Are you noticing wrinkles and skin laxity under your chin? Are you concerned about acne scars left long after acne is gone? The Infini RF microneedling procedure can help! It is an effective option that not only restores smoother skin, it also gives your face and neck a more vibrant, clearer appearance.
At the Anti Aging Toronto Clinic, our Infini RF microneedling procedure is nearly risk-free. There is little to no recovery time and you won’t believe how much younger, refreshed, and vibrant you will look as your skin heals from the treatment. To learn more about how this procedure can help you combat the signs of aging, and reduce that damage that has already been done, contact us at (416) 546-4664, or e-mail us at info@AntiAgingToronto.ca. Book your first consultation today and our skincare specialists will help you make the right decisions about your skin.