Hollywood Spectra Peel is a popular cosmetic skin treatment amongst celebrities—hence, the name. Also known as spectra peel laser treatment and spectra carbon laser peel, this treatment resembles a less invasive chemical peel. It can be used to effectively treat a wide range of surface skin issues including reducing signs of aging, acne scar removal, acne breakout prevention, and so much more. Keep reading to learn more about this highly effective skin rejuvenation treatment in Toronto.
What Is Hollywood Spectra Peel Laser Treatment?
Spectra peel laser treatment is a minimally invasive and completely painless skincare treatment that doesn’t require any downtime. It’s meant to be as convenient and affordable as possible for patients of all skin types and conditions.
As the name suggests, spectra peel is a cosmetic treatment that removes a superficial layer of skin. Cosmetic-grade lasers are used to promote healthy skin cell regeneration, collagen production, and elasticity in the skin. Essentially, it’s a type of skin resurfacing treatment that targets and corrects the following problems:
- Acne-prone skin
- Uneven skin tone
- Oily complexion
- Dark spots
- Acne scars
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Hyperpigmentation (e.g., Melasma)
- Age spots
- Sun damage
- Large pores
How Does Hollywood Spectra Peel Work?
Hollywood spectra peels or spectra carbon laser peels should only be performed by a doctor or licensed skincare specialist. This is an outpatient cosmetic procedure. Each session takes about 30 minutes to complete. Patients can undergo multiple treatments with little to no risk. Several steps are involved in performing a spectra carbon laser peel.
1. Carbon lotion application. The cosmetologist applies a carbon cream to your face and allows it to dry and slightly harden for several minutes. This lotion contains a high carbon content that draws out oil, dirt, and other impurities that live on the surface of your skin and within your pores.
2. Heated laser treatment. Your practitioner will then maneuver a laser over the treatment areas to warm up the carbon lotion and remove the impurities and contaminants from your pores. Eye shields are provided to protect your eyes from the laser treatment.
3. Pulsed laser treatment. The last step is to use a pulsing or vibrating laser to gently break apart and remove the hardened carbon mask from your skin and remove all contaminants along with it. In the process, the heat from the laser triggers your skin to heal itself and this promotes more elasticity and collagen production.
4. To reduce skin irritation and dryness after the procedure, your practitioner will apply a light layer of ultra-hydrating moisturizer to the treatment area.
Is Hollywood Spectra Peel Treatment Right for Everyone?
Hollywood Spectra Peel treatments are perfectly safe for people of all skin types and dealing with a variety of skin conditions.
During your initial consultation, your cosmetologist will carefully examine your skin to identify and address any specific issues. If you have sensitive skin or dark spots, they’ll most likely advise against the heated laser portion of the treatment as it has been known to cause redness and irritate sensitive skin types.
Is the Hollywood Laser Carbon Peel Effective?
Compared to other less advanced and more invasive skincare treatments such as chemical peels, yes, the Hollywood Laser Carbon Peel is incredibly effective. In fact, many patients experience immediate post-treatment results. Over the next few days following treatment, your skin will appear healthier, clearer, and more vibrant than before.
Multiple treatment sessions may be required to achieve ultimate results depending on the extent of your skin problems. Your cosmetologist may want to schedule a follow-up appointment to examine the progress of your skin and work out a more detailed treatment plan from there.
Benefits of Hollywood Spectra Peel
Hollywood Spectra Peel treatment has a lot of amazing benefits for people with different skin types and conditions. Treatments can be custom-tailored according to your specific needs. Here are just some of the reasons why this is one of the most popular cosmetic treatments currently available in North America:
- Fast, minimally invasive treatment sessions
- Absolutely no downtime required
- You can resume regular activities immediately
- Fresh, clear, and radiant-looking skin
- Removes all impurities hidden deep within your pores
- Smooth and even skin tone
- You can get it done as often as you need to
- Reduced signs of aging (wrinkles, fine lines, etc.)
- Control acne breakouts
- Remove or reduce the appearance of acne scars
- Long-term results
- No medication required
- Painless and no need for anesthesia
How Many Treatment Sessions Are Needed?
The number of treatments required varies from patient to patient. Some patients have more severe skin conditions such as heavily acne-prone skin that may require several treatments to render the desired results. Although the results are long-lasting, they’re not permanent. Patients with chronic skin conditions may require ongoing treatment to maintain clear and healthy skin.
Hollywood Spectra Peel Treatment Areas
The Spectra Peel laser and skin rejuvenation treatment typically targets skin conditions on the face, but it can also be used for the following areas:
- Upper body
Side Effects of Hollywood Spectra Peel
As safe as this treatment is, there are always potential side effects that some patients may experience with any cosmetic procedures, especially when lasers are involved. These include:
- Varying levels of pain on the treatment areas
Most of these side effects should subside in a matter of hours or even a few days, but it depends on your skin’s sensitivity level, the type of treatment, and the type of laser that was used. If you notice abnormal side effects like a fever, pus at the treatment site, or heavy swelling, contact your local healthcare professional immediately.
Where to Get Hollywood Spectra Peel Treatment in Toronto?
The Anti Aging Toronto Clinic specializes in performing a variety of cosmetic skincare procedures including the highly sought-after Hollywood Spectra Peel treatment. All of our technicians are fully trained and licensed. At our clinic, we prioritize the health, well-being, and satisfaction of all of our clients. If you have any questions or concerns about any of the treatments we offer, please feel free to contact us today!