As you get older, you begin to show visible signs of aging on your face, such as wrinkles, loss of volume, and sagging skin. Although none of us can completely prevent the aging process, you can take steps to limit the signs of aging and maintain your youthful glow.
From cosmetic surgery, to laser treatments, to fillers/injectables, there are many treatment options to choose from. One effective, non-invasive option that is growing in popularity is the use of Stylage fillers in Toronto.
What are Stylage fillers and how long does Stylage last? If you’re wondering if Stylage is a good filler and whether it can help you treat signs of aging on your face, keep reading for everything you need to know about getting Stylage fillers in Toronto.
What Is Stylage?
Before we list all the benefits of this revolutionary filler, it’s important to first answer: What is Stylage filler and is Stylage filler FDA-approved?
Stylage is an FDA-approved, hyaluronic acid gel that is injected into the face to treat signs of aging, such as volume loss and wrinkles. It is designed to add fullness to the cheeks and lips and correct superficial lines and deep skin depressions.
Is Stylage a good filler? Yes, Stylage is actually one of the best fillers compared to other injectables. Since Stylage is made of hyaluronic acid—a substance naturally found in the human body—when it’s injected into the face, especially the lips, it produces a soft and natural result.
Typically, Stylage contains the local anesthesia lidocaine and it has antioxidants to help give you a rejuvenated look.
How Long Do Stylage Fillers Last?
Stylage fillers are effective in treating the signs of aging on your face; however, the results are temporary, as our bodies naturally break down hyaluronic acid over time.
So, how long do Stylage fillers last? There are different types of Stylage fillers in Toronto and how long the results last depends on the type of Stylage you choose. It’s also important to consider each individual’s skin type, age, and lifestyle. Typically, Stylage fillers can last anywhere from six to 24 months.
Stylage lip fillers can last for approximately 12 months, as the skin is relatively thin in that area.
Where Can Stylage Fillers Be Used?
Given that Stylage consists of hyaluronic acid and is relatively safe to be injected, Stylage fillers in Toronto can be used on various areas of the body.
Some areas that Stylage can treat include:
- Lips, to improve volume and shape
- Cheeks and mid-face, to restore facial volume loss and contours
That said, Stylage fillers aren’t for everyone. People with a history of hypersensitivity to hyaluronic acid or lidocaine, as well as people who are pregnant or breastfeeding, should avoid Stylage fillers.
Talk to your doctor about whether Stylage fillers are a good fit for you.
What Are the Side Effects of Stylage Fillers?
Since Stylage consists of hyaluronic acid, a substance naturally available in the human body, it shouldn’t cause any significant harm to the body. It has very minimal side effects when administered by a doctor or a nurse.
You may experience minor swelling, redness, tenderness, or bruising, as well as itching, minor pain, or discolouration around the injection area, but these side effects are temporary. They should subside after a few days.
Most people are able to resume their regular daily activities almost immediately after getting Stylage fillers in Toronto.
Before- and After-Care Tips for Stylage Fillers
To maximize the results of your Stylage treatment, here are some before and after tips you should follow:
- Approximately one week prior to your Stylage treatment, avoid taking any over-the-counter blood-thinning medications, such as aspirin, Advil, Aleve, and Motrin.
- Also avoid supplements such as Gingko biloba, garlic, ginseng, and vitamin E one week prior to your treatment.
- To avoid further skin irritation, refrain from using any anti-aging products such as retinol or glycolic acid.
- Do not wax, bleach, tweeze, or perform any kind of hair removal on the area you plan to have injected.
- Avoid drinking any alcohol 24 hours prior to injections.
- On the day of your appointment, arrive at the clinic with your face washed and free of any makeup.
- To reduce swelling and bruising, apply an ice pack to the treated area and take Tylenol/acetaminophen to reduce the pain if necessary.
- Avoid blood-thinning medications such as aspirin, Advil, Aleve, and Motrin.
- Avoid touching or applying pressure to the injection area, drinking alcohol, and making extreme facial expressions for at least 24 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid intense heat, suntanning, or hot tubs until the swelling and redness have disappeared.
- Make sure to always wear SPF when exposing your skin to UV rays.
Get Stylage Fillers at the Anti Aging Toronto Clinic
Looking for Stylage fillers in Toronto? At the Anti Aging Toronto Clinic, our professionals use the latest clinical methods to give clients the anti-aging skin and body care that they deserve. Unlike other clinics, we only use the best quality fillers. Cheap fillers can cause hard bumps under the skin, but with Stylage, your face will look smooth and amazing.
We support our clients in being able to make the right, informed decisions about how to pursue body contouring, and we strive to provide the best practitioners in Toronto. To learn more about our Stylage fillers in Toronto and our safe and effective service, contact us at (416) 546-4664, or e-mail us at info@AntiAgingToronto.ca. Our skincare specialists can also offer you a tour of our Toronto facilities.