Stubborn belly fat is a constant source of self-consciousness for a lot of people, particularly middle-aged women who are more likely to accumulate fat deposits in their midsections. Post-pregnancy belly fat is especially hard to lose. Your body may never fully go back to the way it was before having a baby, but there are some effective non-surgical ways of reducing belly fat that can yield satisfactory long-term results. SculpSure fat reduction treatment in Toronto is one of the most effective, proven, and highly recommended minimally invasive non-surgical procedures for abdominal fat loss.
What Are the Different Types of Belly Fat?
Many people don’t realize that there are actually different types of belly fat and that not all fatty deposits in your problem areas are exactly the same. Knowing about the different types of belly fat and being able to distinguish between them can make it easier to target and lose belly fat.
Visceral Belly Fat
Visceral belly fat is made up of deep-seated fat deposits that encompass your internal organs. It can result in a phenomenon colloquially known as “thin outside, fat inside” (TOFI). Unlike fat that’s visible and tangible on the outside (e.g., belly fat you can pinch), visceral fat lives deeper inside your body. You can be skinny and still have lots of undetectable visceral fat deposits in your body. Visceral fat is the type of fat that can clog your arteries and other organs, preventing them from receiving a sufficient amount of oxygen and important nutrients to function.
Subcutaneous fat is the type of fat that you can see and touch. It’s situated right under your skin. Because it’s closer to the surface, this type of belly fat makes your clothes fit tighter and can cause a muffin top effect. Believe it or not, this type of fat is actually harmless to your physical health and has even been known to help prevent or fight off certain diseases and viruses.
What Causes Belly Fat?
There are a number of lifestyle, genetic, and health-related factors that can lead to the formation of stubborn belly fat. These include:
- Poor or unhealthy diet that’s high in simple carbohydrates and low in protein and nutrients that can slow down your metabolism, lead to weight gain, and diminish your body’s natural fat burning capacity
- Drinking too much alcohol, which can lead to liver disease and inflammation
- Lack of exercise or physical activity that burns a sufficient number of calories—theoretically, you should be burning more calories than you consume in order to lose weight
- Lack of sleep or poor sleeping habits is often linked to overeating or emotional eating, which contributes to weight gain and a slow metabolism
- Smoking is considered to be a risk factor for developing more visceral belly fat
- Genetics can also play a role in weight gain and belly fat development because it can impact your relationship with and perception of food and increase your risk of developing obesity-related disease
- Stress is one of the leading causes of obesity and developing stubborn belly fat as your body releases excess amounts of cortisol (the stress hormone) when presented with distressing situations and this can stifle or diminish your metabolism, which makes it harder to burn calories
Why Is Belly Fat Dangerous?
Not all belly fat is dangerous. Subcutaneous belly fat is actually pretty harmless to your physical health. Visceral belly fat, on the other hand can lead to a lot of potential health problems and diseases including heart disease, high blood pressure, increased risk of heart attack, stroke, dementia, type 2 diabetes, asthma, breast cancer, and colon cancer.
How to Lose Belly Fat without Surgery?
Stubborn belly fat can be incredibly hard to lose. Whether you’re doing it for health or vanity reasons (no judgement here, you do you), sometimes diet and exercise isn’t enough to render abdominal fat loss.
There is another option: SculpSure fat reduction treatment in Toronto. SculpSure treatment involves the use of a laser to target and remove stubborn fat deposits throughout your body. It’s an effective fat reducing non-invasive treatment method that’s perfect for all body types and works well for men and women of all ages. SculpSure treatment in Toronto is quick, easy, and affordable. Plus, you can target multiple problem areas at once!
Where to Get SculpSure Fat Reduction Treatment in Toronto?
The Anti Aging Toronto Clinic is a leading provider of SculpSure fat reduction treatment in North America. Clients come from all over Canada and abroad to receive our professional non-surgical laser-based SculpSure treatment in Toronto that’s aimed at reducing belly fat. Contact us today to learn more about our state-of-the-art technology and how it targets your belly fat.